Those folks are nutso.
First I got passed by a fit dude in a Peter Pan costume....moderately frustrating but acceptable. He was probably a regular runner, dressed in costume.
THEN I got passed by a larger Peter Pan dude. Slightly humiliating but I was happy to have made it 7 miles in the run so I took it in stride.
But finally, in the last mile, while I was walking and just happy to finish...I got passed by a peter pan dude who was so big that one would think he had no business running a half marathon. And yet, here I was, NOT in costume, mind you, walking my last mile.
I was humbled to say the least.
I was also passed by a dude in full Jedi regalia, complete with robe and light saber, a fully costumed alice and white rabbit (I'm talking - baseball mascot costume style), a couple Maleficents, a Donald Duck and about 101 dalmations....friggin' ridiculious.
BUT! I finished. In 5075th place, but I finished. Here's a link to my time. Thanks to MarathonFoto.com for providing proof that I was there. The picture even says "Proof" - haha!
Soooo....that happened. I will not be signing up for this next year. My darling sister ran with me though and finished way ahead of me, like a rockstar. I'll leave the distance running to her.

No comments:
Post a Comment