So here was my secret:
1) Get the bad flu - didn't eat for 3 days and lost 5 lbs
2) Get appendicitis - didn't eat for 3 days and lost 4 lbs
Besides that? I just stopped eating so much crap.
It's not that I don't eat ANY junk, I just cut down the volume from truckloads to garbage bags. Seriously though. It was rather easy to go from 155 to 150. That sort of just happened with training for the run. Then I got sick and went down to 145. I hung around that weight for about 3 months. Then I had surgery and went down to 141.
From 141 to 139 was the hardest. My scale would ready 140.6 or 141.3 off and on with no rhyme or reason as to my excercise or eating habits. Then school started back up and I got on a regular schedule. Somehow one day it just happened. I didn't skip any meals. In fact, I intentionally ate breakfast when I didn't use to always do that. My staple breakfast is ham and egg(s). I've found that some protein in the morning helps me not snack so much before lunch.
This morning I was at 138.8 (down from 139.6) and yesterday I had 3 cookies so who the heck knows? I try to choose good snacks and if I crave something I eat only a little of it and keep less junk in the house to fend off temptations. It was just like that - Less Junk. Thank goodness this worked out before Halloween because I am a sucker for snacksize candy bars....
No comments:
Post a Comment