- Write an E-book. I have no idea what it will be about but I guess we shall find out.
- Donate blood twice. Again, I tend to be "too busy" and forget or not get around to it. I don't mind doing it and it saves lives. I should do it more.
- Go zip-lining. This is along the same lines as the "Wicked" line item. I've been wanting to for ages and just can't find anyone to go with me.
- Get a PCP and complete physical. I'm getting old, let's face it. I need a doctor I can go see if anything happens and I don't want it to be the first time we meet. Plus, I want to make sure I am healthy enough for all of this other nonsense.
- Fix big toe wart. When I think wart I picture the nose on a witch and a 1/4" long knob sticking off of it. But in this case I have a tiny plantar wart under my big toe that I have just been avoiding dealing with. For a little while I tried to freeze it off myself and then I tried suffocating it by wrapping it in duct tape (my brother-in-law's suggestion). I even went once to an urgent care and they froze it but it didn't go away and then I got to busy and didn't go back. So it's time to just DEAL WITH IT. It doesn't hurt or look hideous or anything but it's time for it to be gone.
- Catch up through 2015 scrapbooks. Since we got married I have made 1 or 2 scrapbooks a year. I am backed up now in 2013 so I have 2+ years to catch up on.
- Fly an airplane. My husband asks me every time we go up and I'm just too chicken to take the controls. It's time to suck it up buttercup.
- Translate 40 bible verses. I took Hebrew in college and am fascinated by the different translations and anything that gets me reading my bible is a good thing. Again, it's just about finding the time.
- Build a giant sandcastle. My dad used to do this with us when we were kids and we are going camping at the beach in April so it will be the perfect time to pass on the tradition with my kids.
- Paint a huge picture. I like to paint but am not sure how it will go on a large scale. We shall see. It may be an epic failure but I'll never know if I don't try.
- Go on a Moms Night Out. A girlfriend of mine used to get lots of moms together for a night out to dinner and/or movie and/or dancing. There would be eight to twenty of us and it was SO fun. That girlfriend has since moved to another state so it's been a long time since we did one of those nights. It's hard to get that many moms together at one time so this will take some planning.
- Be quiet for 30 minutes a day for a week. No talking, no moving, no TV, no computer, no phone. Just me sitting still, waiting for God to whisper.
- Get a GOOD haircut. For the love of St Pete, why can NO ONE cut my hair??!! It's been 10 years now that we have lived here and I have yet to find someone I like to cut my locks. The latest chick cut two layers, one to my ears, one below my shoulders. Then she tried to fix it by perming it. The second time I think it was my fault for letting her try again. I'm willing to pay for it if someone can figure out a style I can live with and not have to spend 45 minutes styling every day.
- Stop doing something joyless. Lots of times I do things out of obligation and then keep doing them because I feel like if I don't do it then either it won't get done right or no one else will do it. Well, let's try stopping that and see what happens.
- Finish Neiamiah bible study. Ahem, it started 3 years ago and isn't done. Whoops.
- Go Christmas Caroling. This is SO fun and I haven't done it since high school.
- Be honest instead of silent. I tend to be a people pleaser and when someone upsets me or does something I don't agree with then I don't tell them because I just don't want the confrontation. Well, I'm going to need to take a deep breath and step out on a limb.
- Do something spontaneous. I'm not sure what I mean about this one but I am hoping that it will give me that extra shove into doing something fun or crazy.
- Be able to do the scorpion yoga pose. I don't figure it's that hard but it looks cool and it'd be a neat party trick.
- Have a mud/paint/jello fight. Not ALL of them, but pick one. And do it on a large scale. Get dirty. I figure my kids will like helping me with this one.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
THE LIST - Part 2 of 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment