Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Hate to Dust

Let me preface this comment with the qualification that I do not use or like the word "hate".  I dislike many things, prefer not to do some activities, and would rather not associate with certain folks...but normally I shy away from the word "hate".

In this case however, it is warranted.  I have NO JOY in dusting.  Add to that a strong dislike of cleaning floors and anything associated with the bathroom (really, who DOES?) and I realized which activity I was doing that brought me no joy - CLEANING.

YAY!  We hired a wonderful woman to come in once a week and clean the floors, dust the nooks and crannies and clean bathrooms.  Goodbye joyless cleaning!  Good riddance!!!!

I still do the laundry and the dishes and cook meals and wash windows (occasionally) and make beds and straighten and fluff and fold and clean counters and the fridge and the oven and, and, and...but those few horrible tasks are now being taken care of for me and I LOVE it.  Totally worth the investment~

PS - she is under no circumstances even allowed in my room.  I have to draw the line somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment