While staying in Oregon for the holidays, I had the opportunity to stop for an afternoon and visit with my 99-year-old grandma. She is such a neat lady. One of my sisters and the kids joined me and we spent some time catching up and reviewing wedding pictures. It reminded me of the weekends and holidays that we would spend with Grandma when we were younger and get to play games with her and play with her huge cat. It's been a long time since then and yet it all just comes rushing back when you walk in the door.
Grandma showed us how she has been keeping busy making some beautiful quilts for her church. Then she surprised us by offering my sister and I each one of her handmade quilts. They were all so beautiful that it was difficult to decide. I ultimately chose the one that has some of the same fabric in it as the one Grandma made us for our wedding. It is so beautiful that I am going to hang it on the wall as artwork rather than risk it being damaged on a bed. It's a family heirloom that I will treasure forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment